Today I got a reality check. Our littlest sweetheart lives with the help of technology and electricity. She has developed some type of secondary infection from either allergies or a virus (my diagnosis – to be confirmed tomorrow in clinic :) ). I have been worried as her oxygen needs have steadily increased and her secretions have gotten grosser and grosser. Then the power went out. Ugh! Stress on top of the worry. I am so grateful my Jason was here. He got the generator out and all of her equipment plugged in. That is one more thing I need to learn how to do (especially before he leaves on Friday to visit his parents). What a blessing we had that while the power was out!
I convinced the NP that we didn’t need to go to the Emergency Room today. But I am under strict instructions to head that way if she needs anymore O2 than she is on or has any more signs of distress. I’m hoping we can continue our lucky streak and be able to treat this at home. At least the power came back on!