Little Bella has captured the hearts of our family and everyone that meets her. We want to share her story with all.

Monday, February 16, 2009


Last night Jason and Brother McIntosh were able to come and give Arabella a priesthood blessing. So this morning when I arrived, I was pleased to see her respiration rate is down, not normal, but anything is better than 80 to 100 of yesterday.

So what's the plan now? I don't know. It all depends on Bella. She is here in the ICU for another day or two. Then they'll see how she does. She is about to start TPN - IV fluids that take care of all of her nutritional needs. She is going to get a PIC line probably tomorrow - that is a more permanent IV. She is still on the nasal cappula. She isn't receiving any oxygen at this point, just room air, but she needs it pushed into her airways. She is fighting strep, staph, and some virus in the flu family. Her surgery is delayed until she is better. She could be here till then or she could get better, go home, and then come back for her surgery. She is more alert and not too happy that she can't eat, but she tends to vomit whenever she nipple feeds. She is doing better, but she is delicate. Time will tell with Miss Bella.

1 comment:

Caleb T Ricks said...

Well, at least she is doing better! I will keep praying that she heals quickly.