We are here at Texas Children’s. Our last 2 night nurses have said something is not right with Bella. This morning, our night nurse said you need to call the doctor. The doctor said bring her in. The ER said she is being admitted. Big sigh.
Over the last week, Bella has had different secretions, and then coughing spells. It would take about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to clear out her lungs in the morning. But after that she had this strange cough - it was a dry cough – kinda like a smoker’s cough. Then her belly is distended – getting bigger and bigger. Her respiration rate has increased, probably from the abdominal cavity pushing up on her lungs and diagram.
So far the answers they have for me are:
1. Double pneumonia – treating for pneumonia and aspirate pneumonia since she has been vomiting the last little bit.
2. She has a large liver. It goes all the way down to her pelvis, but her liver enzymes are normal.
3. Her x-rays show no obstruction. So unless the belly gets worse, it will not be followed anymore.
4. We are going to PCU – our home away from home.
5. Nothing to eat until the breathing rate calms down. They were able to get an IV in (wonderful nurse!).
Things for me to figure out and pray about:
What am I going to do when this happens again in the future? I only have Kris for another week and a half!